- Code INDN3003
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Indonesian
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
Students read and listen to a range of authentic texts from mass media, discuss a wide range of current topics, and exchange views through online written forums. The course also systematically builds vocabulary and understanding of affixes by using a ‘word family’ approach.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- discuss in standard spoken Indonesian a variety of current topics, with a high level of fluency, accuracy, range of language, and aural comprehension
- read authentic print media texts of a non-technical nature with a high level of comprehension, with minimal vocabulary help
- discuss in standard written Indonesian a variety of current topics, with a high level of accuracy and range of language.
Two oral exams (35% total) (Learning Outcome #1)
Two reading tests (20% total) (Learning Outcome #2)
Two vocabulary tests (20% total) (Learning Outcomes #1,2,3)
Online discussions (15% total) (Learning Outcome #3)
Class performance (10%) (Learning Outcomes #1,2)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three hours a week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
The course textbook will be available in electronic format on the course Wattle site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7240||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person||N/A|