Modern Javanese B sets out to take you under the skin of modern Javanese society through study of the Javanese language. The course builds on the basis covered in Modern Javanese A. It provides you with practice in speaking modern, everyday Javanese (both ngoko and krama). You also study Javanese hanacaraka script and expand your vocabulary through reading a number of texts in Roman and Javanese script. Classes are conducted in tutorial style. One class each week is devoted to study of Javanese script. Other classes stress active practice of formal spoken Javanese used in conversational situations as well as reading and text study.
May be part of the Indonesian Major. Please seek course advice.
Mid-course oral examination (20%), end of course oral examination (20%), one reading assignment (10%), six short quizzes (totalling 20%), final written examination (30%). Less that 75% attendance in class will result in failure in the course as a whole irrespective of marks obtained.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Two lectures and one tutorial per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Harimurti Kridalaksana, Wiwara
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.