- Code THAI6102
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
(b) drill on basic syntactic patterns
(c) elementary conversation
(d) introduction to the Thai writing system
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the completion of this unit the student will be ble to:
• give, request and understand simple personal and biographical information
• give, request and understand simple directions about location
• give and follow simple instructions
• make simple transactions in shops, restaurants or other familiar institutions when the transaction does not involve negotiation of a problematic situation
• use simple communication strategies to ask for help with or repetition of unfamiliar words
• give basic description of physical ailments and treatment
• read some short, basic information texts in Thai
Oral tests during the semester (40%), written assignments (20%), written mid-semester and final exam (40%). Graduate students attend joint classes with undergraduates but may expect more rigorous assessment and additional assignment work, tailored to the graduate students’ interests.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload3 class hours and 1 tutorial per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Juntanamalaga, P. and Diller, T., Beginning Thai, 1994
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2282||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person||N/A|
|3567||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||Online||N/A|