- Code ANUC1112
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Music
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject ANU College
- Areas of interest Music
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Paul McMahon
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2017
See Future Offerings
ANUC1112 offers Diploma students similar learning outcomes to MUSI1102 in a more highly supported and extended teaching environment. This ensures that students are appropriately prepared for Bachelor level study.
Within this course students will be provided with opportunities to develop skills in music performance. Each Performance course will require students to demonstrate an increasing proficiency in both solo and ensemble music performance. Styles covered can include classical, jazz, contemporary and folk/world music. Learning and teaching activities will include lectures, small group teaching and ensemble work.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon Successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a developing control of technique and attention to technical challenges presented in the music performed.
- Demonstrate a developing degree of control and subtlety of musical expression and awareness of musical textures, structure, style, character and emotional intent of the music being performed.
- Demonstrate developing musicianship and performance presentation skills necessary to communicate effectively to an audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to propose a research question and explore the question leading to a performance outcome. The student will be able to explain this process and outcome orally or in writing.
Indicative AssessmentRecital assessment appropriate to genre (50%) learning outcomes [1,2,3]
Ensemble performance assessment (20%) learning outcomes [1,2,3]
Concert practice assessment (20%) learning outcomes [1,2,3]
Written / oral research component assessment (10%) learning outcomes 
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload160 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 58.5 hours of contact (2 hour performance ensemble, 1.5 hours concert practice, 1 hour performance seminar per week)
b) 101.5 hours of supported and independent student practice, research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Assumed KnowledgePerformance capability at pass in AMEB Grade 8 or equivalent.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9574||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person||N/A|