- Code INDN6002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Indonesian
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
Students read and listen to texts on a variety of social / cultural topics and discuss a wide range of social/ cultural issues. They develop their writing ability by translating modified English texts into Indonesian, and develop their understanding of grammar points through written and spoken exercises.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. discuss a range of non-technical topics with a fair degree of fluency, accuracy and range of language
2. write moderately simple passages on non-technical topics with a fair degree of accuracy
3. understand main ideas and much supporting detail in short authentic written texts with some vocabulary help.
- oral exams x 2 (35% total) [L.O. #1]
- reading tests x 2 (20% total) [L.O. #3]
- translation tests x 2 (20% total) [L.O. #2]
- grammar tests x 2 (15% total) [L.O. #1,2,3]
- class participation (10%) [L.O. #1,2,3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
The course textbook will be available in electronic format on the course Wattle site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2244||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person||N/A|
|4773||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||Online||N/A|