- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code MCS2-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
The music composition, arranging, and sound design II specialisation will develop your composition skills, knowledge, creativity, and experience.
Through hands-on studio practice, in state-of-the-art facilities, you will delve into musical works in diverse styles to understand different creative approaches and artistic concepts.
You will produce your own series of works, and have the opportunity to see them performed in collaboration with staff and fellow students at the ANU School of Music.
The Music Composition, Arranging, and Sound Design II specialisation will advance your career as a composer, arranger, sound designer, performer, researcher, scholar and teacher and in a range of roles in the traditional and emerging creative industries.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- pose complex research questions relating to music composition, arranging or sound design;
- investigate these questions creatively, critically, ethically, and independently through music composition, arranging or sound design;
- place these questions in the context of the relevant intellectual tradition; and
- communicate their responses to these questions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences through music composition, arranging or sound design, which is supported by a verbal explanation.
- Entry to the Graduate Composition, Arranging and Sound Design courses is by completion of MUSI3315 Creative Musicianship 6 with a mark of at least 65, or submission of a portfolio of works of equivalent standard. Applicants wishing to enrol in Graduate Composition, Arranging and Sound Design courses are advised to contact the ANU School of Music to arrange for assessment of the portfolio as soon as possible.
- E: email@example.com
Back to the top
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
18 units from completion of the following course(s):
|Graduate Composition, Arranging, and Sound Design 3
|Articulating Music Practice
6 units from completion of the following course(s):
|Graduate Music Professional Practice Project 1
|Graduate Music Professional Practice Project 2
|Graduate Music Research Project 1
|Graduate Music Research Project 2