- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code MUP2-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
The opportunity to focus on your passion, develop your technical expertise, and build your performance experience is every musician’s dream.
At the ANU School of Music, it’s just another day at uni.
As a Master of Music student specialising in music performance, you will be mentored by world-class music teachers, graduating with professional-level musicianship in both solo and ensemble contexts.
The ANU School of Music was the first purpose-built music school in Australia, and offers you access to magnificent facilities, including Llewellyn Hall, which regularly hosts concerts by national and international soloists and ensembles.
The music performance specialisation is available for a range of instruments, depending on staff availability. Contact the School to see which instruments are currently available.
The Master of Music specialising in Music Performance II will advance your career as a professional performer, scholar and teacher, and in a range of roles in the traditional and emerging creative industries.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- pose complex research questions relating to music performance;
- investigate these questions creatively, critically, ethically, and independently through music performance;
- place these questions in the context of the relevant intellectual tradition; and
- communicate their responses to these questions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences with a technically outstanding professional-level public performance, which is supported by a verbal explanation.
- Entry to the Graduate Music Performance courses is by completion of MUSI3302 Music Performance 6 with a mark of at least 65, or audition at equivalent level. Applicants wishing to enrol in Graduate Music Performance courses are advised to contact the School to arrange for an audition as soon as possible.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the top
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
18 units from completion of the following course(s):
|MUSI8004||Graduate Music Performance 3||12|
|MUSI8011||Articulating Music Practice||6|
6 units from completion of the following course(s):
|MUSI8007||Graduate Music Professional Practice Project 1||6|
|MUSI8008||Graduate Music Professional Practice Project 2||6|
|MUSI8009||Graduate Music Research Project 1||6|
|MUSI8010||Graduate Music Research Project 2||6|