- Code ARTV1902
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Rohan Nicol
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
The aim of this course is to develop technical and conceptual skills and understandings relating to a range of screen-printing processes and to explore the use of pattern systems in surface design/image making techniques. Students will develop skills and knowledge relating to creating repeat motifs and working with pattern systems, preparing artwork, mixing, applying and heat setting pigment-based print pastes, repeat registration methods prints, and the use of computer software in artwork creation, and use these as a means for the creative expression of ideas through both class and individual projects.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Demonstrate creative and critical exploration, experimentation and integration of ideas, materials and techniques, through class and individual projects;
- Demonstrate competency with the preparation of artwork for fabric repeat printing using hand and computer-based methods;
- Demonstrate technical competency in relation to fabric screenprinting and repeat systems;
- Apply knowledge of the historical, cultural and theoretical contexts and contemporary practices relevant to screen printing as a medium for visual arts/design through development and execution of studio projects and research.
of studio work and visual journal (80%) and Documentation (20%).
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that
provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art and Design to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8263||23 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||31 Aug 2018||26 Oct 2018||In Person||N/A|