- Code ARTV3615
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Kit Devine
- Dr Lucien Leon
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
In this course students extend their creative research practice through the development of individual themes and work methods in personal projects that specialise in either animation, or video, or a hybrid of both. Students develop the foundation of an independent creative project. Participation in workshops, demonstrations and discussions dealing with specific and relevant techniques and conceptual considerations, including scripting, production scheduling and storytelling, deepens the student’s abilities, allowing them to demonstrate advanced skills in their projects. Occupational health and safety instruction is an integral part of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the processes, terminology, forms and technologies of animation and video.
- Apply skills and knowledge to the making of creative works in animation and video.
- Develop and evaluate concepts and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively in relation to animation and video.
- Work independently and/or collaboratively in a studio environment in response to project demands in relation to animation and video.
- Reflect on social, ethical, cultural, technological and environmental issues of creative practice considering local and international perspectives in relation to animation and video.
Indicative AssessmentPortfolio of studio work (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1 - 5]
On-line or hard-copy journal or visual diary and/or Documentation or Professional practice exercise related to on-going career, as specified in Workshop notes. [20%]
[Equivalent to approx. 2000 words] [Learning Outcomes 2 - 5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3544||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|