- Code COMP3120
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Sabrina Caldwell
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
First Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
Leadership, Management, Professionalism, Ethics and Teamwork
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
Agile Project Planning
Agile Project Management
Project Scope Management
Quality & Risk Management
Project Control and Governance
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe the impact of business context on a software development project, including an understanding of the role professional ethics plays in the conduct of a successful project
- Evaluate the features of traditional and agile approaches to managing software development to decide an appropriate project management approach for a project in a business context
- Demonstrate key project management skills such as scope determination; task decomposition; effort estimation, schedule creation and tracking; progress reporting; and management of risk and quality
- Employ research, critical thinking and reflection to formulate and communicate an argument concerning project management concepts.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills, and an understanding of the difference between leadership and management
Professional Skills Mapping
Mapping of Learning Outcomes to Assessment and Professional Competencies
- Small group assignments incorporating written and oral components 40%
- Workshop participation 10%
- Written examination 50%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
- Jeff Patton and Peter Economy. User story mapping: discover the whole story, build the right product. O'Reilly, 2014.
- Jim Highsmith. Agile Project Managment. Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Robert K. Wysocki. Effective project management: traditional, agile, extreme. John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- Cynthia Stackpole Snyder. A User's Manual to the PMBOK Guide 5th Edition, 2013.
- Bertrand Meyer. Agile! The Good, the Hype and the Ugly. Springer, 2014.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3130||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|