- Code COMP3702
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Dr Alwen Tiu
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
Offensive Cyber Security operations introduces and exercises a complete range of reverse engineering techniques and attack patterns. Students will also learn and exercise analysis of systems based on minimal information. This is a complete course in cyber attacks which enables students on successful completion to identify and test systems for vulnerabilities without full knowledge or direct access.
Learning Outcomes1. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles underlying the identification and testing for vulnerabilities with limited information.
2. Analyze a system across all abstraction levels, from basic hardware to complex cloud architectures.
3. Run cyber attacks, tests and probes in a practical context.
4. Expand conventional attack patterns to work in new system and network architectures.
5. Communicate a cyber security vulnerability and potential paths of attack to a heterogenous team of professionals.
Indicative AssessmentAssignments (50%); Final Exam (50%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadUp to 60 hours of total face-time, which includes interactions with lectures and tutors. Up to 60 hours of total preparation, repeat, assignment and practical exercise time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|4848||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person|