- Code ENGN6528
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering
This subject extends students comprehension of the fundemental problems of computer vision and state-of-the-art solutions. Topics covered in detail include: image acquisition, sampling and quantisation; image segmentation, point, line and edge detection, and thresholding; geometric frameworks for vision, single view and two views; camera calibration; stereopsis, the correspondence problem and epipolar geometry; motion and optical flow; recognition, invariants, appearance and geometric-based identification; pose estimation in perspective images. The course includes an extensive practical component that provides the students with a tool box of skills in image processing and computer vision.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the foundations of modern computer vision theory, problem and state of the art solutions.
- Implement and test some fundamental computer vision algorithms e.g. image filtering, restoration, image segmentation, camera calibration.
- Analyse and evaluate critically the building and integration of computer vision algorithms and systems.
- Design and demonstrate a working computer vision system through team research project, and project report, presentation.
- Continue to critically review and assess scientific literature and apply the knowledge and skills gained from the course in developing innovative applications.
Professional Skills Mapping
Mapping of Learning Outcomes to Assessment and Professional Competencies
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3036||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|