- Code HIST6221
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of History
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject History
- Areas of interest History
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Students completing this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key issues relating to the social, economic, cultural and political history of Britain and its emergence as a world power.
- Critically analyse and apply important concepts in the study of change in modern societies.
- Evaluate and debate contemporary scholarship on British history.
- Make critical use of period sources as a way of gaining information about the past.
- Construct sustained evidence-based arguments addressing key issues in British history.
- Design and complete a research project related to course themes with assistance from the convenor.
1st essay 2,500 words (35%) [assesses LOs 1,2,3,4,5]
Research essay 3,500 words (55%) [assesses LOs 1,2,3,4,5,6]
Oral and/or written contribution to class activities (10%) [assesses LOs 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 30 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 18 hours of lectures and 12 hours of tutorials; and b) 100 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9012||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|