- Code MKTG2023
- Unit Value 6 units
The need for specialised skills in Services Marketing has grown in recognition of the important role of services in advanced economies. This course addresses the essential nature of services and the role of service quality. Employees' role in service delivery and the emotional load for service workers form an important focus of the course. Service sector firms face increased competition and more demanding customers. Marketers need to develop a distinct set of competencies to design, mange and evaluate the processes and performances that comprise the service offering.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Define, explain and illustrate services marketing concepts, including the services marketing mix, and their application to profit oriented and non-profit service delivery;
2. Synthesize and relate theory from a range of academic sources to services marketing conceptual frameworks.
3. Consider the key elements underpinning the design, planning and implementation of services marketing plans and strategies;
4. Critically evaluate case studies, identifying and analysing problems and then making recommendations for practical implementation;5. Communicate effectively, individually and in teams, in oral presentation and written forms using the concepts and terminology of the marketing discipline.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8787||23 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||31 Aug 2018||26 Oct 2018||In Person||N/A|