- Code THAI6008
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages, Cultural Studies
Thai 6 sees advanced learners working with significant independence, locating and analysing their own primary sources to produce substantial academic output in the Thai language. Following Thai 6, interested and diligent students will be well-placed to continue to a higher-level academic degree or career role in which they may draw on their acquired skills and knowledge.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills at an Advanced level of Thai to:
1. Recognise and use a specialist vocabulary suitable for independent study on areas of personal academic interest.
2. Create sentence structures to support the expression of complex ideas and arguments.
3. Evaluate a wide range of largely self-selected formal and informal texts relating to their areas of personal interest and academic specialisation; interact independently with informants to elicit desired information on personal research projects and present that research in an academic manner to other advanced learners.
4. Debate current issues in Thai culture with native speakers spontaneously and in a manner appropriate to all different levels of society.
Proposed Assessment: Attendance and class participation 15%; weekly short written assignments 25%; two class presentations 10%; translation into English 15%; minor project 15%; major essay 20%.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload2 class hours and 1 tutorial per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsMaterials will be provided on Wattle.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8793||23 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||31 Aug 2018||26 Oct 2018||In Person||N/A|