- Code ARTV1102
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Joanne Searle
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
Students will be introduced to wheel based skills. Basic thrown forms will be explored with an emphasis on function. An introduction to surface decoration techniques and glaze application for both under glaze and on-glaze.
Both historical & contemporary ceramics will be examined.
Occupational health and safety instruction is an integral part of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Utilise skills relevant to Ceramics in response to Workshop projects
- Explore Ceramics material/s used in Workshop projects
- Recognise relationships between concept and process in Ceramics
- Identify historical and theoretical Ceramics contexts relevant to Workshop projects
of studio work and visual journal (80%) and Documentation (20%).
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessionsthat
provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art and Design to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8255||23 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||31 Aug 2018||26 Oct 2018||In Person||N/A|