- Code DESA2407
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design Art
- Areas of interest Design Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Simon Cottrell
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate advanced use of materials, processes, equipment and tools relevant to creating utilitarian vessels;
- Plan and manage utilitarian design projects, independently or collaboratively;
- Interpret utilitarian objects through their individual design solutions and integration of concepts and processes;
- Demonstrate awareness of historical and theoretical contexts for utilitarian design practice.
Portfolio of studio work (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1 - 4]
Written/Oral component (Total 20%) [Learning Outcomes 2 - 4]
• Studio Theory presentation
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Series or the edition object|
|3525||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|