- Code ENVS4015F
- Unit Value 12 to 24 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Resource Management and Environmental Science
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Honours in geography is offered as an additional year of study for each of the BA, BSc and BSc (Resources & Environmental Management) degrees. The FSES website lists the research projects of current Honours students, and the research interests of prospective supervisors.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. plan and engage in an independent and sustained critical investigation and evaluation of a chosen research topic in geography
2. systematically identify relevant theory and concepts, relate these to appropriate methodologies and evidence, and draw appropriate conclusions
3. engage in systematic discovery and critical review of appropriate and relevant information sources
4. appropriately apply statistical or other evaluation processes to original data
5. understand and apply ethical standards of conduct in the collection and evaluation of data and other resources
6. communicate research concepts and contexts clearly and effectively both in writing and orally.
Assessment will be based on:
- Final seminar (10%; LO 6)
- 15,000 word thesis (90%; LO 1-6)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Fenner School of Environment and Society to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 to 24 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
|2018||$610 per unit|
- International fee paying students
|2018||$860 per unit|
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.