- Code LING6029
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Linguistics
- Areas of interest Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Social Research
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop an awareness of the key concepts in language assessment
- Critically evaluate language assessment practices
- Understand the social and political dimensions of language testing
- Apply principles of test design, analysis and evaluation
- Understand the relationship between language assessment and language teaching
- Carry out research on language assessment
Indicative AssessmentCritical review of an existing language assessment (2000 words) (LO 1, 2, 3, 5)
Test development project
Stage 1: Test specifications, test/task materials design and rationale (2000 words) (LO 3, 4, 5, 6)
Stage 2: Test trial (LO 1, 2, 4, 5, 6)
Stage 3: Test analysis evaluation (LO 1, 2, 4, 5, 6) (2000 words)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 24 hours of lectures and 12 hours of tutorials; b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8875||23 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||31 Aug 2018||26 Oct 2018||In Person||N/A|