- Code MGMT8062
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Academic career PGRD
- George Stellios
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2018
See Future Offerings
This course is designed to introduce students to advanced management topics relevant to the execution of major projects. The aim of this course is to provide a grounded understanding of key aspects of successful project management practices in the context of a global economy and increased organisational complexity.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the unique characteristics and challenges surrounding major projects. (Ask + Remember)
- Explain the various leadership and support roles in major projects (Acquire + Understand)
- Gauge the quality of project management methodologies and evidence in the context of major projects (appraise + analyse)
- Compile a communication plan so major projects are effectively communicated to senior executives. (aggregate+ evaluate)
- Consider a plan to manage conflicts in major projects ( Apply + Evaluate)
- Create a stakeholder management plan for major projects (Apply + Create)
- Select an effective approach to work with external contractors ( Assess + Create)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4607||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|