- Total units 48 Units
- Major code FURN-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
This major is only available to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual.
The Furniture major provides comprehensive skills-oriented courses of study intended primarily for students who ultimately wish to work as furniture designers/makers. The fundamental basis of the workshop is to train its students to think, explore and work with forms in wood, plastics and metals with an emphasis on professional practice. A Visiting Artist program establishes contact with professionals and focuses on clients, design, making, and such outcomes as exhibiting and marketing.
Students who complete this major will have the skills and knowledge to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in furniture making.
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to realise artefacts and forms of creative expression.
- develop and evaluate concepts and process by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- apply occupational health and safety regulations and principles within a workshop environment.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must include:
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTV3028||Craft and Design Major 7: Developing A Visual Arts Practice||6|
|ARTV3029||Craft and Design Major 8: Resolving a Body of Original Work||6|