- Code ANTH6005
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Archaeology and Anthropology
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Anthropology
- Areas of interest Anthropology
Learning OutcomesBy participating fully in this course you should expect the following outcomes:
- An understanding of why Aboriginal societies and cultures have been so important in the history of European social theory
- A knowledge of the diversity of Indigenous societies and cultures prior to colonisation
- An understanding of the basic features of Indigenous economic, social and religious life and their interrelationship
- An appreciation of some fundamental concepts in anthropology and the debates around them
- An ability to assess much of the public discourse around Aboriginal culture
- Insight into the nature of the human condition
Indicative AssessmentBy negotiation but to involve 6000 words of writing
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadTwo hours of lectures and one hour of tutorial per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|9259||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person|