- Code ASIA2098
- Unit Value 6 to 12 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Asian Studies
- Areas of interest Asian Studies, Asia Pacific Studies, Asia-Pacific Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
CAP Internship Opportunities are in the linked document below - see 'Other Information'
This course gives students the opportunity to undertake an internship relating to their language, discipline, or regional studies major in Asia and the Pacific. The course can be taken as a 6-12 unit variable, depending on the length and workload within the internship. Participants will work with an academic supervisor at the University to identify learning outcomes as well as assessment requirements for their internship under the overall direction of the course convenor. The course will offer ongoing opportunities involving a competitive application and selection process each year, as well as one-off opportunities. All ongoing opportunities within this course will be outlined in the Other Information section.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Engage with stakeholders in a work environment related to the Asian and/or Pacific regions.
- Utilize practical skills for collaborating with peers and the public
- Apply theoretical and Asian and/or Pacific regional knowledge and/or language skills to a relevant work environment
- Analyse, reflect on and evaluate collected data for research project related to Asia and/or the Pacific
- Learning Journal (2000 words) — 20% (LOs 1, 3, 4) (20) [LO null]
- Research proposal — 10% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4) (10) [LO null]
- Research Essay (4000 words) — 50% (LOs 3, 4) (50) [LO null]
- Host organization report — 20% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4) (20) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadThe workload will vary depending on the unit value of the internship. For a 6 unit course students should expect to spend 130 hours working towards this course, including contact time with the internship host and independent study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Culture History and Language to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 to 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.