- Code COMP6262
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
Upon completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Express reasoning problems using first order logical notation.
- Construct natural deduction proofs in first order logic and translate between calculi.
- Explain the relationship between rules of deduction and the semantics of logic.
- Critically assess and compare philosophical views on issues arising from elementary logic
Indicative AssessmentAssignments (40%); Final exam (60%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadTwenty six hours of lectures and twenty four hours of tutorials
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|3159||25 Feb 2019||04 Mar 2019||31 Mar 2019||31 May 2019||In Person|