- Code ENGN4511
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by RS Electrical, Energy and Materials Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On successful completion of this course, students should have the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify, describe and evaluate the properties of fibre reinforcements, polymer matrix materials and commercial composites.
- Develop competency in one or more common composite manufacturing techniques, and be able to select the appropriate technique for manufacture of fibre-reinforced composite products.
- Analyse the elastic properties and simulate the mechanical performance of composite laminates; and understand and predict the failure behaviour of fibre-reinforced composites
- Apply knowledge of composite mechanical performance and manufacturing methods to a composites design project
- Critique and synthesise literature and apply the knowledge gained from the course in the design and application of fibre-reinforced composites.
- Modelling and Manufacturing Lab Report (20%)
- Problem Set (20%)
- Design Exercise (20%)
- Exam (40%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload2-hour lecture per week + 1 hour lecture per week + 2-hour tutorial slot per week + 5 hours of laboratory work in total
Requisite and Incompatibility
Ronald F. Gibson, "Principles of Composite Materials Mechanics" (Second edition), CRC Press, 2007
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7959||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person||N/A|