- Code MGMT7066
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
The over-arching goal of this in-country intensive course is to provide students enrolled in programs offered by the Research School of Management with an exposure to the business environment of the selected country through site visits to corporations, NGOs and government agencies. It will provide an opportunity to understand the cultural and historical dimensions that shape business practice. This course will also emphasise personal and professional development in key areas such as leadership, management, marketing, entrepreneurship and international business. The course will typically involve a visit of up to 10 days in the selected country. Specific details for each in-country program will be published on the Research School of Management website.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Appreciate the macro dimensions of the selected country or region.
- Distinguish between managerial approaches used in different country contexts.
- Apply the principles and theories of business and management to inform their appreciation of the country/regional environment.
- Critically analyse key elements of the country environment that give rise to business and management opportunities
- Develop effective verbal and written communication skills with business leaders and other stakeholders across cultural contexts.
- Synthesize knowledge acquired through the intensive in-country experience in a case analysis report.
- Reflect on how the in-country experience has informed their own personal and professional development as a manager.
Application details for each course offering are available on the Research School of Management website at https://www.rsm.anu.edu.au/education/education-programs/mgmt7066/
- Participation (10%) (10) [LO null]
- Pre-departure group project on country diagnostics (30%) (30) [LO null]
- Reflective learning report (30%) (30) [LO null]
- Individual Case Analysis Report (CAR) (30%) (30) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload10-day in-country intensive, plus 8-10 hours work per week pre-departure and post-completion of the immersion program
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Management to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
As determined by the convenor
Preliminary ReadingAs determined by the convenor
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.