- Code MGMT7171
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Gretchen Gagel
- Mode of delivery In Person
Summer Session 2019
See Future Offerings
Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) explores the relationship between the management of people and pursuit of an organisations strategic goals and objectives. Specific topics covered include human resource planning and strategy, job analysis and job design, equipment and selection, performance appraisal and performance-related pay, learning and career management, employment relations, diversity management and international human resource management.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the key HRM functions and operations;
- Define, explain, illustrate and reason with the key human resource management concepts;
- Identify the linkages between HRM functions and operations and organisational strategies, structures and culture;
- Reflect and comment in a way that demonstrates awareness of the different contexts that impact on the operation of HRM; and
- Exhibit behaviour and performance that demonstrates enhanced competence in decision-making, group leadership, oral and written communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, planning and team work.
- HRM Blunder Analysis (group presentation) (20) [LO null]
- Mid-Semester Exam (30) [LO null]
- Critical Analysis (40) [LO null]
- Seminar contribution (10) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
3 hours a week x 13 workshops plus up to ten hours per week additional study.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.