- Code NSPO8004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by ANU National Security College
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject National Security Policy
- Areas of interest Arab and Islamic Studies, American Studies, Australian Studies, History, International Relations More...
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course examines questions concerning leadership for national security professionals and introduces the concepts of risk assessment and risk management in a national security context.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
To meet the learning outcomes participants will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary leadership issues concerning the national security community;
- Understand risk concepts and how they may be applied in national security settings; and
- Demonstrate methods to communicate risk about national security challenges.
3000-word essay (50%); risk communication exercise (20%); exam (30%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Weekly seminars and assessment.
Areas of Interest
- Arab and Islamic Studies
- American Studies
- Australian Studies
- International Relations
- Policy Studies
- Political Communication
- Political Sciences
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.