- Total units 48 Units
- Major code ADIS-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
This Major is incompatible with the Intelligent Systems major; Artificial Intelligence (UG) Specialization; and Machine Learning (UG) Specialization.
The Advanced Intelligent Systems major offers courses on a wide range of relevant topics. Students will learn about Artificial Intelligence (AI) search, optimisation, reasoning, planning, diagnosis, machine learning, intelligent agents (reinforcement learning, information-theoretic foundations), and bio-inspired computing (neural networks, and evolutionary algorithms). This major provides a solid covering of the whole field of AI.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. demonstrate a solid understanding of a variety of Intelligent Systems approaches.
2. formalise real-world problems and select the most appropriate Intelligent Systems method to solve such a problem.
3. implement Intelligent Systems algorithms and design and carry out empirical evaluations.
4. compare and critique essential state-of-the-art Intelligent Systems approaches.
This major requires the completion of 48 units from the following list:
COMP3670 Introduction to Machine Learning
COMP3620 Artificial Intelligence
COMP4620 Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence
COMP4650 Document Analysis
COMP4660 Neural Networks: Bio-inspired Computing and Deep Learning
COMP4670 Statistical Machine Learning
ENGN4528 Computer Vision
COMP4680 Advanced Topics in Machine Learning