- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Political Sciences
- Specialisation code POLS-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Political Science Honours Specialisation gives you high-level preparation for professional life or a higher degree by research through the development of an advanced knowledge of the research principles and methods and theoretical concepts of political science, and through the design and implementation of a research project, typically a thesis of up to 20,000 words, that develops new understandings or that provides solutions to complex problems.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- pose a significant research question relating to political science;
- investigate this question creatively, critically, ethically, and independently, including through sophisticated use of appropriate theory and methodology as appropriate to political science and place these investigations in the context of the relevant intellectual tradition; and
- communicate their research and its findings through an appropriate medium.
1. a major or equivalent in one of the following:
Latin American Studies
2. with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the thesis.
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
36 units from completion of the following course(s):
POLS4011 Research Training: Scope and Methods
12 Units from the following list:
POLS4038 Comparative Political Institutions
POLS4039 Comparative Political Behaviour
POLS4040 Comparative Federalism
POLS4041 Special Topics in Comparative Politics