- Code ACST4060
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Actuarial Studies
- Areas of interest Actuarial Studies
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk management frameworks for financial organisations in different regulatory environments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance of ERM to stakeholders
- Describe and show an understanding of different risk categories
- Recommend methods to manage an organisation’s risk, including risk optimisation, and management of market risk, credit risk, operational and other risks
- Demonstrate an understanding of economic capital and capital allocation
This subject, in conjunction with ACST4061/ACST8061 provides the opportunity for exemption from Module 1 of the Part III academic requirements of the Actuaries Institute. Such exemption depends on the grades attained over both subjects.
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: exams, assignments, quizzes, presentations and other assessment as appropriate. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students are expected to commit 130 hours of work in completing this course. This includes time spent in scheduled classes and self-directed study time
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Information about the prescribed textbook will be available via the Class Summary
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.