- Code ANTH6017
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Archaeology and Anthropology
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Anthropology
- Areas of interest Anthropology
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:By participating fully in this course you should expect the following out comes:
- An understanding of the public debates and reporting of issues in Indigenous affairs in Australia and an ability to deconstruct them
- An understanding of the nature of the diverse Indigenous social orders in Australia
- An understanding of the anthropological debates around the concepts of culture and tradition and how these relate to Indigenous affairs
- An understanding of the complexities of policy making in this area and why achieving positive outcomes is often difficult
- An understanding of the nature of the Australian state and its significance for understanding Indigenous affairs
Indicative AssessmentBy negotiation but to involve 6000 words of writing.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadTwo hours of lectures and one hour of tutorial per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3376||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2020||29 May 2020||In Person||N/A|