- Code ARTV1602
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Rowan Conroy
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
First Semester 2020
See Future Offerings
This course is structured around projects designed to extend both a range of skills and technologies coupled with conceptual and thematic topics. Students engage in a process of investigation through individual responses to various set projects. Students must complete a technical program in colour and digital photography.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- utilise skills relevant to photography in response to workshop projects;
- explore materials and processes used in colour photography and digital projects;
- begin to explore concepts and themes in photomedia; and
- recognise relationships between concept and process.
Other InformationSchool of Art & Design studio courses have a limited enrolment capacity. Students are advised to enrol as early as possible to maximise the opportunity of securing a place.
- Portfolio of studio work (80) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Documentation / Visual Journal (20) [LO 3,4]
- Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress. (null) [LO null]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and
b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4502||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||In Person||N/A|