This course will provide you with supervised experience in one or more professional psychology settings, where you will undertake a range of client-related activities under the supervision of a registered psychologist.
This 12 unit course provides 260 of the 300 hours of practicum and skills training required by APAC in the 5th year of the 5+1 pathway to registration. The aim is to provide you with practical experience and prepare you to enter an external internship in the 6th year of the 5+1 pathway to registration.
In this course, you will apply your knowledge and skills in assessment and intervention and develop your ability to provide safe, high quality, person-centered care. You will also gain experience of professional practice/ clinic management and the practical application of ethical, legal and regulatory frameworks.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work under supervision in an evidence-based manner
- Apply knowledge of relevant legal, ethical and administrative regulations and standards required by the profession and the workplace
- Demonstrate appropriate professional behaviour with supervisors
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively with other professionals and support staff
- Demonstrate competencies in basic psychological assessment, formulation and intervention
- A logbook showing details of practica, casework and supervision (30) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Written case studies (2 assessment and 2 therapy over the two placement courses) (40) [LO 1,4,5]
- Assessment of student’s in-person and/or video-taped work (30) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Supervisor report on professional behaviour (CRS) (0) [LO 3,4,5]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadPSYC8522 must be taken as a 12 unit course, with approximately 20-25 hours per week (260 throughout the semester).
To be determined
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Psychology to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Assumed KnowledgeKnowledge and skills in psychological assessment, interventions, interpersonal skills, ethics from earlier courses in the program
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6678||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|