- Code ENGN4548
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by RS Electrical, Energy and Materials Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering, Renewable Energy
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Matthew Stocks
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Winter Session 2020
See Future Offerings
This course will only be offered from 2020. In 2020, classes for this course will be taught intensively from 7th September to 18th September.
The Wind Energy course covers the full spectrum of wind energy from the underlying physics of wind and wind generation technologies, to practical issues including site prospecting, project financing, regulation and societal aspects. The course is delivered in collaboration between ANU Energy academics and Windlab, a Canberra-based innovative wind energy company that was a winning bidder in the 2015 ACT Government 200MW Wind Energy Reverse Auction. In addition to meeting the demand for up-to-date, structured knowledge in Wind Energy, the course cements scientific collaboration between ANU and Windlab, and opens up prospects for students to undertake research internships with Windlab as part of their degree.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Proficiently apply advanced knowledge of wind physics and characterisation and manage wind data uncertainty.
- Critically evaluate key wind farm planning studies and explain implications for wind farm development.
- Professionally apply systematic engineering methods including wind mapping and modelling to design wind farms.
- Understand and apply key elements of typical legal agreements used in wind energy development, key aspects of the economics of wind energy projects, and basic financial models.
- Critically evaluate different wind energy policy environments and analyse and critique the relative merits of alternative policy scenarios.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and others employing a range of communication media and tools.
- Engage in independent investigation and reflection.
- Major report and presentation (50) [LO null]
- Quizzes (35) [LO null]
- Journals (15) [LO null]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6661||07 Sep 2020||18 Sep 2020||18 Sep 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|