- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Business Information Systems
- Minor code BISM-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Alexander Richardson
This minor provides students with an introduction to information systems in business environments.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates with a minor in Business Information Systems will demonstrate the application of business information systems knowledge and skills:
- with initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship;
- to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts; and,
- with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
This minor is incompatible with the Business Information Systems major.
Review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise business information systems knowledge;
Demonstrate an understanding of business information systems knowledge with depth in some areas;
Exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence;
Present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of business information systems knowledge and ideas.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
24 units from the completion of the following course(s):
INFS1001 - Business Information Systems (6 units)
INFS2005 - Accounting Information Systems (6 units)
INFS2024 - Information Systems Analysis (6 units)
INFS3002 - Enterprise Systems in Business (6 units)Back to the top