- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code ARIN-SPEC
- Academic career Undergraduate
This Specialisation is incompatible with the Computing and Mathematical Foundations minor; Intelligent Systems major; and Advanced Intelligent Systems major.
The Artificial Intelligence specialisation offers a deep insight into the world of artificial intelligence and its current frontiers. Students will learn about AI search, optimisation, reasoning, planning, diagnosis, intelligent agents (reinforcement learning, information-theoretic foundations).
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. demonstrate a solid understanding of a variety of Artificial Intelligence approaches.
2. formalise real-world problems and select the most appropriate Artificial Intelligence method to solve such a problem.
3. implement Artificial Intelligence algorithms and design and carry out empirical evaluations.
4. compare and critique all state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence approaches.