- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code MCHL-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Uwe Zimmer
The Machine Learning specialisation offers a deep insight into the world of machine learning and its current frontiers. Students will learn about machine learning, intelligent agents (reinforcement learning, information-theoretic foundations), and bio-inspired computing (neural networks, and evolutionary algorithms).
- demonstrate a solid understanding of a variety of Machine Learning approaches.
- formalise real-world problems and select the most appropriate Machine Learning method to solve such a problem.
- implement Machine Learning algorithms and design and carry out empirical evaluations
- compare and critique all state-of-the-art Machine Learning approaches.
- understand the interaction of current industry trends and the state-of-the-art Machine Learning approaches.
This Specialization requires the completion of 24 units from the following list:
COMP6670 Introduction to Machine Learning
COMP8420 Bio-inspired Computing: Applications and Interfaces
COMP6490 Document Analysis
COMP8600 Statistical Machine Learning
COMP8650 Advanced Topics in Machine Learning
ENGN6528 Computer Vision
Back to the top