- Code BUSN4013
- Unit Value 6 units
This course involves on campus teaching. For students unable to come to campus there will be a remote option. See the Class Summary for more details.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Describe the research process.
2. Explain the nature of theory, theory building and theory testing in research.
3. Critically discuss different research approaches.
4. Engage in meaningful research that adheres to accepted academic practices and ethical standards.
5. Analyse a research topic and formulate research questions for a research project that is both sufficient and feasible for a research thesis based program.
6. Design a research project that uses appropriate methods to address specific research questions, while taking account of issues of validity, reliability and measurement.
7. Effectively present the results of a research project in a research article or thesis.
8. Develop and present an original research proposal that addresses a selected research topic.
Indicative AssessmentTypical assessment may include, but is not restricted to, class participation, assignment(s) and research proposal as appropriate to assess the learning outcomes of the course.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Accounting to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.