- Code COMP6780
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Computing
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Visual Arts, Electronic Commerce, Information Technology, Software Engineering More...
This course has been adjusted for remote participation in Semester 1 2021.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand and be able to develop and design interactive web sites including multimedia content by applying current web design principles, guidelines and heuristics.
- Apply a user-centred focus to the design and development of web sites.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accessibility, compliance with standards, privacy concerns and personalisation for web sites.
- Understand and be able to separately control the content, the appearance and the behaviour of web sites.
- Understand and report on the nature and practice of human computer interaction research in an ethical environment.
- Assignment in 3 components (30) [LO null]
- Communications skills (Active Participation 15% + Report 15%) (30) [LO null]
- Examination (40) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadThirty one-hour lectures and nine two-hour laboratory sessions, plus 5 hours of experimental participation or user interface evaluation (or equivalent)
Information on inherent requirements for this course is currently not available.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Web resources such as W3C, W3Schools
Areas of Interest
- Digital Arts
- Visual Arts
- Electronic Commerce
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Design Arts
- Advanced Computing
- Information Systems
- Human Centred Computing
- IT in New Media
- Creative Arts
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2632||22 Feb 2021||01 Mar 2021||31 Mar 2021||28 May 2021||In Person||N/A|