- Code HUMN6001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Humanities and the Arts
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Humanities
- Areas of interest English, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Literature
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- interpret the history of and major recent theoretical developments in the interdisciplinary field of digital humanities;
- analyse the impact of digital technologies on research in the humanities and in connection to research collections;
- situate research interests within the larger context of digital humanities theories, practices and projects;
- critically evaluate digital humanities projects; and
- prototype digital humanities projects.
- Individual project (midterm assessment) (10) [LO 2,3,4]
- Report on the individual project, maximum 1500 words (midterm assessment) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Group Task Prototype build (final assessment) (40) [LO 2,3,4]
- Pecha-Kucha Presentation, 6min 40sec (final assessment) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Project exegesis, maximum 2000 words (final assessment) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 12 hours of lectures and 24 hours of tutorials; and
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsOnline reading brick.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5743||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|