- Code IDEC8007
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject International and Developmental Economics
- Areas of interest Policy Studies, Economics
- Academic career PGRD
- Prof Raghbendra Jha
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2021
See Future Offerings
This course is available for in-person and remote (online) learning.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- i) demonstrate an understanding of the main debates around aid and other rich country development policies;
- ii) demonstrate knowledge of the economic tools which can be used to assess these policies;
- iii) experience in the assessment of particular rich country development policies.
- Policy memo, 1000 words. The policy memo provides an introductory assessment task and provides some real world flavour. (20) [LO null]
- Long essay, 4000 words. The long essay requires students to go into depth on some particular issue. (40) [LO null]
- Exam. The exam encourages students to engage with the breadth of the course and tests understanding as well as absorption. (40) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
A standard 6 unit course has a workload of 130 hours including in class time and independent study.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.