- Code IDEC8018
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject International and Developmental Economics
- Areas of interest Economics
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Offered in See Future Offerings
This course is available for in-person and remote (online) learning.
This course is designed for students who would like to address three broad questions in agricultural/resource economics and related policy issues:
(1) What are the underlying causes and drivers of the key security (food, water, energy, etc.) challenges at a global and national level?
(2) What scope is there for public policy (short and long term) to address these challenges?
(3) What can and should be done to support efficiency and equitable approaches to these challenges?
Tutorial assignments 15 %
Essay 35 %
Final examination 50 %
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
3 contact hours per week
There is no single text and readings are drawn from a number of texts, professional papers and other sources. A package of required readings can be purchased during the first week of lectures. Additional material will be held in the library reserve.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.