- Code IDEC8089
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject International and Developmental Economics
- Academic career PGRD
- AsPr Paul Burke
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2021
See Future Offerings
The course examines the role of energy in the economy, economic methods of assessing and modelling energy, the economics of various sources of energy, electricity markets, and other key topics in energy economics. Fossil fuels, renewable, and nuclear energy sources will each be studied, as will energy efficiency, security, and sustainability. The course will examine key challenges and opportunities in the energy sector in Australia and overseas.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of energy markets and the role of energy in the economy.
- Identify and apply a knowledge of methods to assess alternative energy projects, technologies, and policies.
- Examine the economics of energy production and consumption.
- Evaluate and communicate research in energy economics.
- Presentation (8) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Audience participation during presentations (2) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Mid-semester exam (25) [LO 1,2,3]
- Essay (25) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Final exam (40) [LO 1,2,3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours over the duration of semester
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5478||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|
|7567||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||Online||N/A|