- Code MMIB8007
- Unit Value 6 to 24 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management, Marketing and International Business
- Areas of interest Business Information Systems, International Business, Management, Marketing
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
Summer Session 2021
See Future Offerings
This course is for students enrolled in the Master of Management ANU/Tsinghua program. Students will apply the evidence-based knowledge gained during their program to undertake an independent research project. The agreed topic is to be determined by the student in consultation with their ANU supervisor.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the research question that requires an independent critical investigation
- Establish the discipline theories and methodologies to acquire evidence to understand the research question
- Determine the methodological quality, reliability and validity of evidence to be applied to answer the research question
- Summarise the relevant evidence in a structure that is suitable for addressing the research question
- Ascertain social and ethical implications of proposed research question solutions
- Compose optimal written and oral communication processes to increase the likelihood of favourable business outcomes resulting from this new knowledge
- Research Report (Individual assessment) (90) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
- Presentation (Individual assessment) (10) [LO 6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time per 6 units of study, comprising of independent student research, consultations with an ANU supervisor, reading, writing and presentations.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Management to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Relevant reading material will be identified in consultation with an ANU supervisor.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 to 24 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Taught in China in the Mandarin language|
|1546||09 Mar 2021||26 Mar 2021||26 Mar 2021||04 Jun 2021||In Person||N/A|