- Code PORT6504
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Portuguese
- Areas of interest Language Studies
This course builds on Continuing Portuguese I. The primary goal of this course is to continue to solidify listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the Portuguese language at an advanced level by exposing students to more complex texts and audio-visual materials, and through individual project work about topics of students’ interest. It also aims to further deepen intercultural knowledge and understanding of cultural practices and traditions in Portuguese-speaking countries around the world.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Portuguese grammar and lexicon;
- communicate effectively and freely in Portuguese in predictable and unpredictable situations;
- analyse, extract, and use information from spoken and written Portuguese across different genres;
- write coherent texts and descriptions using complex structures and vocabulary; and
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of cultural practices specific to Portuguese societies in the world.
- Two exams, 50 mins (15% each) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Three written assignments, 1000 words (10% each) (30) [LO 1,3,4,5]
- Oral exam, 20 min (20) [LO 1,2,3,5]
- Participation and performance (10) [LO 1,2,3,5]
- Oral presentation (10 mins) (10) [LO 1,2,3,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up of:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks, including online/self-directed and tutorial activities; and
b) 82 hours of independent student research.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsPrescribed texts will be listed on the Course Wattle site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5894||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||14 Sep 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|