- Code STAT7030
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Statistics
- Areas of interest Statistics
This course is intended to introduce students to generalised linear modelling methods, with emphasis on, but not limited to, common methods for analysing categorical data. Topics covered include a review of multiple linear regression and the analysis of variance, log-linear models for contingency tables, logistic regression for binary response data, Poisson regression, model selection and model checking , mixed effects models. Additional topics may include Bayesian analysis for generalized linear models and generalized mixed effect models.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain in detail the role of generalised linear modelling techniques (GLMs) in modern applied statistics and implement methodology;
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the underlying assumptions for GLMs and perform diagnostic checks whilst identifying potential problems; and
- Perform statistical analyses using statistical software, incorporating underlying theory and methodologies.
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: exams, assignments, quizzes, presentations and other assessment as appropriate (100) [LO 1,2,3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students are expected to commit 130 hours of work in completing this course. This includes time spent in scheduled classes and self-directed study time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Information about the prescribed textbook will be available via the Class Summary.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.