- Code STST8017
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Strategic Studies
- Areas of interest Political Sciences
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course will be occasionally scheduled to offer one-off opportunities to study under visiting experts, or to showcase a new teaching area. Information on the particular topic offered under this course will be outlined in the ‘Other Information’ section, including topic title, the topic convenor, and an indication of workload and indicative assessment.The Special Topic is designed to showcase a new area of teaching for the GSSD Program and allow students to learn from visiting specialists at the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the major issues in, and concepts associated with the special topic area;
- Evaluate and confidently apply these concepts;
- Critically evaluate approaches to the study of the special topic area;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Assessment will differ from topic to topic and will be detailed in the class summary. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadStandard SDSC delivery, based in Canberra on ANU campus. Morning and afternoon teaching sessions for 5 days, or semester-long with weekly evening sessions. Assessment will be spread throughout the teaching and exam period.
Available on class summary
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.