- Code BUSI7033
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Business
- Areas of interest Commerce, International Business, Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Prof Lin Cui
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
First Semester 2021
See Future Offerings
This course is accessible to both on campus and remote students. See the Class Summary for further information.
International firms need to formulate company policies that take account of the fact that they manufacture, service, employ and market to or in countries with different laws, different beliefs and different levels of socio-economic development compared to a firm’s country of origin. This course examines the contextual, organisational and managerial issues associated with the operation of multinational firms. Interactions between contextual elements and management of an international enterprise will be studied from both theoretical and practical perspectives. The course includes topics such as international strategic management; international social and ethical responsibilities of firms; cross-cultural management and communication; international human resource management and workplace relations.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- explain and illustrate the international strategic management processes used by top level management in multinational enterprises;
- define, explain and illustrate the relationships among philosophic roots and approaches for international strategic planning and implementation, strategies for value chain activity integration, international business strategies, structure of multinational enterprises, and human resource management orientations, and the role which culture plays in managing multinational enterprises;
- creatively apply knowledge from different approaches to strategic management issues and problems of multinational enterprises, demonstrating thorough understanding of the various international strategic management concepts and their practical application; and,
- communicate effectively in oral and written forms about international strategic management using appropriate concepts, logic and rhetorical conventions.
International students who wish to enrol in the online course should confirm that visa conditions allow them to do so. Generally international students can complete no more than 25% of their program by distance and/or online learning. For example, for a two year program of 16 courses, no more than four courses can be completed online.
In addition, all international students must be enrolled in at least one subject that is not by distance and/or online for every semester of their program. If you have any questions please seek program advice from the College.
The Semester 2 classes (both online and on campus modes) are only available to students studying in Australia.
Indicative AssessmentAssessment details will be available in the course outline.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3069||22 Feb 2021||01 Mar 2021||31 Mar 2021||28 May 2021||In Person||View|