- Code MATH3501
- Unit Value 6 units
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:1. Describe many of the basic processes and behaviours of different systems and different ways of representing them
2. Evaluate the issues in building and evaluating models, taking into account their purpose and prior knowledge
3. Explain and use some important modelling tools (transfer function, state space, frequency-domain and DE-based models as well as data analysis techniques)
4. Discuss the role of modelling in both industry and science
5. Describe sensitivity and uncertainty analysis techniques
Assessment will be based on:
- Exam (40%; LO 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Three Assignments (15% each) demonstrating ability to apply techniques (15% each; LO 2, 3, 5)
- Workshops demonstrating ability to use relevant software (15%; LO 3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadThree lectures per week and regular workshops/computer labs.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.